Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Are Those "Unclaimed Money" Sites Really Legit?

According to one online article:

"Yes, such businesses are legal, and in many cases the claimed windfall does exist. But consumers can easily find and recover such funds on their own, free of charge.

When the rightful owners can't be found, employers, banks, pension administrators, insurance companies, etc. are required by law to turn over unclaimed property to the state.


For example in California there is currently over $5 Billion Dollars that belongs to people!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If those unclaimed money sites are for real how do know which ones are legit. I personally would like to check and see if I or any of my family have a need to go there. I know they,like me, have lost money to a bank, insurance company or somewhere else. Can you provide the legit sites.

Rose said...

Actually the most legitimate "list" of all is just to go to your local governmnet office(s) to find out the information yourself. The states are pretty much begging people to come and claim their money!

For a fee I can provide you with either the site listing / url of the state that you are looking for or I can provide you the information that says whether or not your name is on the list of the state that you are looking for.

I only provide the state sites and not the sites of "third-party" companies.

Anonymous said...

I was contacted by one of these sites www.xxx.com they are for real. I had $5500 that I din not even know about. Sure I had to pay them a percentage but so what...

Rose said...

I'm glad that you were able to have a positive experience with one of these companies. It just goes to show you that they are not all scams!